• Infiniti M37, first of three M sedans
• Individual, charismatic, innovative – and powerful with 235 kW (320 PS): 0-100km/h in 6.2 seconds
• Safety Shield technology with world-first Blind Spot Intervention™
• On sale in 16 European countries from mid July
• Can be seen in action now on www.infiniti.eu
• Two more engines to come: diesel M30d arrives October, hybrid M35h spring 2011
ROLLE, Switzerland (19 July 2010) – Infiniti has confirmed its new M37, the first of a trio of V6-powered, rear-wheel drive luxury performance sedans to take on Europe’s executive-car hierarchy, will be available in five different grades.
With a design inspired by the Essence concept car of 2009, this all-new model developed for European roads goes on sale from July (depending on market) – but it has already gone live on www.infiniti.eu. Here, buyers ready for an alternative to the familiar faces of the sedan class can explore the M37’s design, spec and equipment, from first brush-stroke to last trim detail, on Infiniti’s web configurator. They can even watch it in motion driving through a variety of sci-fi inspired landscapes.
Powered by Infiniti’s 3.7-litre petrol V6 developing 235 kW (320 PS), the M37 backs up its athletic looks with a strong driver focus and Infiniti’s biggest and best-appointed interior yet.
The M37 is also Infiniti’s most technologically advanced car with a comprehensive suite of electronic driver aids/anti-collision systems, collectively badged Dynamic Safety Shield. For the Premium models expected to be the biggest sellers, the standard Safety Shield includes the world-first Blind Spot Intervention™, a system which registers nearby vehicles and helps ensure the Infiniti cannot stray into their path.
Other debut technologies available include Active Noise Control and Forest Air™, a climate control system that recreates the gentle breezes and subtle scents of an environment known to promote alertness and relieve stress.
The M37 range
As with all Infinitis, the M37 is surprisingly well equipped without the need for buyers to raid an options list. Features common to all including, for example, 7-speed automatic transmission, bi-Xenon lights, 10-way power front seats, reversing camera, hard disk drive (HDD) sound system and Infiniti’s new Drive Mode Selector which tailors key driving parameters to Sport, Normal, Snow and Eco settings.
The M37 GT puts the emphasis on luxury with semi-aniline leather, heated and ventilated front seats and White Ash wood trim with silver powder finish. The M37S is the sporting choice, with 4-Wheel Active Steering (4WAS), sports suspension, sports seats (also heated and ventilated), gearshift paddles and 20-inch alloy wheels.
Premium versions of both the GT and the S come with every feature available, including the Dynamic Safety Shield package, Forest Air, a 16-speaker Bose® sound system and Infiniti’s acclaimed Connectiviti+ information and entertainment platform comprising 30GB HDD navigation.
Premium versions also feature Infiniti’s efficiency-boosting innovation, Eco Pedal. If driving too aggressively, the driver will feel the accelerator pedal “push back” to indicate fuel is being wasted.
The M37 accelerates 0-100 km/h in 6.2 seconds and top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h. Fuel consumption on the combined cycle is 10.2 l/100km (27.7mpg) while CO2 emissions are 235 g/km.
Depending on market, the M37 goes on sale from mid July 2010. An M30d diesel is due in October and an M35 hybrid in spring 2011, both also with the emphasis on high performance and maximum driving pleasure. Prices and specifications for these versions will be announced later.
Notes to editors
• Full specifications and pricing of the entire Infiniti M37 range can be downloaded now from www.infinitipress.eu
• The Infiniti M might be a new name in Europe but it is well known elsewhere in the world. This is the third-generation M, an all-new model which had its European debut in Geneva in March 2010. It is the first M to be sold in all of Infiniti’s 34 world markets.
• Infiniti comes from Japan. Its line-up of performance sedans, coupés, convertibles, SUVs and crossovers is now being launched across the globe through a dedicated network of Infiniti Centres or dealerships which share a commitment to individualised and exceptional customer service. For more information, see Infiniti.com
Press information, Photographs and videos are available from www.infinitipress.eu. no password is required.
For further information, please contact:
Global Communications Director
M: +44 7768 802176